History and values
Telatek companies was founded in 1977 in Raahe by Jaakko Tenkula. Ever since the beginning, the company has utilised advanced techniques in overhaul and repair. Advanced technical solutions, combined with modern expertise and project management competence ensure efficient, safe and reliable operation for the customers.
- 1977 Telatek Oy was founded in Raahe
- 1985 Rautaruukki established the Taivalkoski workshop
- 1989 Tespal Oy was founded in Nokia
- 1993 TE-Coating Oy was founded in Raahe
- 1998 Telatek became the owner of Taivalkoski workshop
- 2005 Atlantia Oy became the owner of Telatek and TE-Coating
- 2008 Atlantia Oy became the owner of Tespal
- 2010 Tespal Oy became Telatek Nokia Oy
- 2010 Telatek Group
- 2011 TE-Coating Oy became Telatek Quality Oy
- 2012 Telatek Porvoo’s service centre was opened
- 2013 workshop and repair operations were separated – Telatek Service Oy was founded
- 2014 Telatek’s Kittilä service centre was opened
- 2019 At the beginning of the year, Telatek Oy changed it’s name to Telatek Works Oy
Today, Telatek companies consist of:
Taivalkoski-based heavy workshop Telatek Works Oy, employing 130 persons, with a turnover of M€15 (2015).
Telatek Service Oy, employing 100 professionals and operating in Porvoo, Nokia, Raahe and Kittilä, is a special expert in industrial maintenance and on-site machining. Turnover M€13 (2015).
VALUES, VISION AND MISSION
Our values are:
openness, results-driven approach and keeping promises
For us, ‘openness’ means, above all, broad-mindedness and innovation. We continuously develop new techniques and service methods. Openness to us means that we really take up the customer’s problem and recommend necessary measures and solutions.
We are results-driven in all our operations. We want to succeed! We believe that the success comes from satisfied customers who are successful in their own operation. Therefore, the foundation for our operation is always to recommend and carry out operations that are profitable for the customer.
Keeping our promises is a matter of honour to us.
Our goal is to grow to become an international industrial partner and to be a preferred employer.